Saturday, March 25, 2006

Chinese Restaurant Bathroom

Okay, last night I decide to go out to dinner because my wife and kids are out of town. Being the pathetic person I am, I go by myself. I haven't had good Chinese food for a while and I was craving it real bad. Going to a Chinese restaurant blindly ( no reviews or friendly suggestions) is like playing Russian Roulette with 5 of the six chambers loaded, the odds are against you. Going thru the yellow pages is no good either. But I was hungry and I found the restaurant that was closest to my house. The outside looked decent. The paint was cracking but the sidewalks were clean from the loyal grandma who sprayed it down with a hose every morning. Once inside, I was greet by an overly enthusiastic lady who has been in Utah for 3 weeks. She spoke excerrent Engrish. The restaurant was buffet style, all you can eat(my favorite). After showing me my booth and asking what I want to drink(always water at Chinese) I walked over to the buffet tables. Everything was clean, hot, and organized. There even was some California rolls and sushi. When my plate was full I headed over to my table. Every thing tasted like every thing else, just different textures. I guess it was the MSG. Needless to say, when my mouth was full of food, the server/hostess/busser/dishwasher/cook came by and asked how every thing tasted in the most enthusiastic way. I always feel obligated at Chinese restaurants to smile and say great, even if it tasted like some serious French Poodle diarrhea. 15 minutes later with my mouth full again, How is everything? Very good. Do you actually expect to complain about buffet food or say that it all tastes the same?

Any way at the end of the meal, I headed over to the restroom. One toilet stall and two urinals. One urinal had ply wood over it with the words "Do not Use". Like I need to be told not piss on plywood. I took a picture of it with my camera phone and will try to upload soon. There was also one papertowel dispenser(empty), one of those revolving cloth towel holder(think 1950's gas stations) and one of those air dryers. This bugged the hell out of me. When I wash my hands in a public restroom, I want a paper towel to dry hands and another to open the door with. It should be mandatory to either have paper towels or someone standing at the door to open it for you. I had pull my shirt tail out and use it to open the stupid door. Why do we have to pull the door open to get out a restroom. If it was the other way, at least I could use my foot to push it.

I give that restaurant 2 1/2 bullets out of five, the lower the better.