Thursday, June 29, 2006

Confession

Typical beach we slept at in Mexico.
San Felipe, a sleepy fishing town, also the home of the fish taco, yummy!


Since everyone in the dept. is basically spilling the beans on past and present crimes, I too will confess of my brush with the justice department or Departamento de la Justicia de Mexico. It was Spring Break of 2000. My room mate and I decided to go to Mexico and sleep on the beaches of Baja California for the week. By chance, one of my uncles was actually going to be in San Felipe during the same week for an off road race, think Baja 1000 but smaller. The first half of the week was awesome, we slept in a tent on a different beach each night. We ate good food at restaurants and from street vendors. Pure Fun! On Thursday, we met up with my uncle. He rented two beach houses. Enough for his older sons, the driver, and the five Mexicans that work for my uncle (he's in the drug business in case you were wondering). We helped with the race by fueling the race car (Baja Bug) at the pit stops. It was a blast. Our team didn't win, but it was fun. After the race we ate a restaurant and everyone but me and my roommate got drunk. Since we were the only sober ones, we had to buy the candles for the night (no electricity at the beach houses). When we got home from the market, my drunk uncle had successfully started yelling expletives and getting everyone riled up. Now my uncle is about 4 inches taller than me and 50 pounds heavier and his name is Big Jim. This is when I was thinking it would be a good time to get going. So we packed our bags and headed North. This is when the real fun starts. More later.

No comments: